Wednesday, February 01, 2006

One more voice on the blog-wagon: why should I do it?

I've never been good at keeping a diary. Two or three paragraphs and my writing descends into a swirl of disgust and why-bother-writing-this. (Although I-do-like-dashes. (And parenthases)). And non-sequitors.

But reading other people's blogs has inspired me. Unlike those old diaries, with their flimsy little "ooh don't read me, no really, I mean dooon't..." locks, the diaries of the blogworld, seem to me to connect people and give a more authentic outlet. There's a sense of community. And I'd like to be a part of it.

My life, to be blunt, has been cheerier in the past than it is at the moment. I'm hoping that writing about it will help.

Without making it totally obvious who I am to the five people who may eventually read this: I'm living in a city I dislike intensely with a partner I love intensely (To be known as Pili). We have some pretty damn cute cats. We're wrestling with infertility. I have type I diabetes, which I should control better than I do. I also have depression, which waxes and wanes but never altogether goes away.

I'm artificially sweetened in many ways. Don't tell me that aspartame is going to give me cancer. Because nothing and no one comes between me and my Extra Green Apple Gum. Or my zol*oft.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kassie said...

saw your comment at diabetes rant. Love your blog name and handstamp slogan. Welcome to the OC

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I saw your comment on Kassie's blog and thought I'd pop over to check your blog out.

I agree with you regarding the sense of community. People that I know in my real life with diabetes don't seem to share my need, at times, for a more touchy-feely outlet, rather than plain exchange of info. I like being in control of my own space, unlike with mailing lists and forums, but at the same time being able to share it.

Keep writing!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

Hi there. I saw your comment on my blog. (Seems you've been busy commenting of late!) Glad to see you've added your voice to the online community. And thanks for stopping by my blog.

I hope this forum does help. Just knowing I'm not alone in this makes a world of difference to me.

Kerri.

9:30 AM  
Blogger art-sweet said...

Thanks guys! I'm happy to be here.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home