Sunday, February 05, 2006

Okay, I'm Being Petty

I enjoy reading medical blogs. I've dealt with so many doctors - both wonderful and terrible - over the course of my diabetes and other medical adventures - that I enjoy reading the other side of things.

I've read Kim's emergiblog for a while now and she has great stories about her work in the emergency room along with some fantastic old medical ads. But one post of hers just pissed me off. She writes (about making shredded wheat edible):

Unless..... you smooshed it all up until it looked like a bowl of twigs, added enough sugar to ensure juvenile onset diabetes and then smothered it in
milk, which you wouldn't drink afterward because little brown shredded wheat things were floating in it.

C'mon Kim. You're a nurse, for god's sake. You should know better then to spread this kind of stuff around. Does anyone else find this exceedingly irritating, or am I being over sensitive?

2/6: Kim has added a very clear explanation to her post stating that she was being sarcastic and that there is absolutely no relationship between sugar intake and type I. Thanks Kim! And do check out emergiblog - it's a great read.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole P said...

You're not being over-sensitive in my opinion. I'm disappointed that a nurse would post this on a blog that claims to be a med-blog.

On another note, welcome to the OC. I'll look forward to reading more of your entries.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

You're not being petty!

I've added an update to the top of the post that explains your concern.

Thanks - do keep reading!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh nuts, I tried to put the link here, but it only puts the web address:

when-i-die-and-they-lay-me-to-rest-im.html
http://emergiblog.blogspot.com/2006/01/

If you cut and paste this and put it in your address window, the post should come up.

I'll try it myself...so much I need to learn about this stuff...

4:24 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Geeze, this link doesn't show the update...forget it and just go to Emergiblog and scan down...it's there!

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home