Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Argh, argh, argh.

Many things are enraging me today:

Adoption: Crawling out of my skin with frustration. Guatemala Agency Lady (Ms. GAL) has still not given us feedback on the homestudy, which makes me think she hates it. She told me to call her today and has not returned my calls. Meanwhile, Vaseline Teeth is tugging on my sleeve wondering why Ms. Gal has not gotten back to us yet. The police clearance has to be sent away to be certified, but Vaseline Teeth won't release it until we pay her part II of her fee, and given her tendency to move slower than a sloth on valium, I'm not doing that until she's made all the needed corrections and given us the corrected, signed sealed and notarized homestudy. Oh, and did I mention that according to Ms. Gal, the timeline for referrals is now twice as long as we were told previously. I'd like to ask her why, but she won't return my call...

President Bush: How does he get away with one day dismissing a congressional report showing absolutely no link between AlQuaeda and Saddam Hussein and the next day linking September 11th and terrorism to the war we're fighting... the one in Iraq. This man is a disgrace to our country, plain and simple.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the adoption angst and I totally agree with you about the president.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Gandksmom said...

How frustrating. I don't know what I would do without all that frustration!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

How frusrating! Here's hoping Ms. GAL and Ms. VT get their shit together.

Totally agree with you re: the president. He's a disgrace.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Hateful, isn't he?

I'm not an especially patient person, but I've never been in the position of waiting waiting waiting on anything remotely as important as this process you're going through. Sheesh. I would have resorted to voodoo by now.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waiting.just.plain.sucks.

8:28 AM  
Blogger charlotte said...

Why oh why are adoption agencies so slow? They should have amped up people working there who call you back after 5 minutes and process evrything as if they are on speed. And holy hell, the waiting is terrible.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frustration and endless waiting are definitely part of the process - Sucks, doesn't it? I never thought it would be this stressful.

Ditto what you said about Shrub.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grrrr this is so irritating. I hope she gets it to you really fast but until then have fun twiddling your thumbs. Mine are raw from twiddling.

I am on one of the Guat groups on yahoo....hope to see you there.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Estelle said...

Well, you know all about how I feel about bushy boy, so I won't go off on it again. Asshat.

Sounds like Ms.GAL needs a nice swift kick in her Guatemalan facilitation ass. I volunteer my left foot.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Third Mom said...

Ah, President Bush.

Let me offer the only thing that helps me get through a Bush-infused day - the Chimp-o-matic (http://chimpomatic.net/). What happens is that you read a quote and slap your head so hard you forget what you slapped it for.

Self-induced Bush-amesia, so to speak.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home