Saturday, September 02, 2006

Hip Hip Hooray!

Just when I was getting ready to go downtown and stage a sit-in at the door of the World's Slowest Social Worker, aka Mrs. Vaseline Teeth, for not returning our phone calls... what should arrive in the mail yesterday?

Our homestudy draft. And a note saying that, yes, she does have the notarized copy of our police clearance letter. And a bill for the rest of her fee. The draft looks good, although Pili had to resist the urge to correct several grevious grammatical errors.

I still wonder whether it would have caused her bodily harm to call us and let us know that it was in the mail?

Coming Soon: The Long Overdue Interview Questions, and a Trip to the State Fair, aka the Home of Deep Fried Everything.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! My husband and I plan to adopt in a couple of years... and looking at your lists is at once inspiring and enormously daunting. I look forward to reading about the evolution of the process for you and your partner, and wish you all the luck in the world :)

10:36 AM  
Blogger floreksa said...

Congrat's!!!! Those "to do" lists are shrinking it seems almost daily (although I'm sure its at a snails pace for you!).

I'm dreaming of the day you post "We're Home!"

11:26 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Yay!! Congrats! Isn't it great when things finally start falling in place?

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great! I was doing the same thing with the grammar errors in our homestudy... My husband kept reminding me that this was not a work of literature!

2:59 PM  
Blogger charlotte said...

YAY!!! WHat a relief.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Great news! Press on.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Val said...

Awesome! You're all crossed out on the "homestudy" list -- that can only mean you're getting closer! Congrats to you and Pili!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Great news!

The grammar thing would have sent me over the edge, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's OCD about that.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home