Wednesday, July 19, 2006

So let me get this straight, Mr. President

Dear President Not Good Enough to Wipe my Ass Bush:

Let me see if I've got this straight:

"Marriage is the most fundamental institution of civilization, and it should not be redefined by activist judges."

But it's okay for one activist president to overturn the will of the American people, as defined by their elected representatives - the will of the American people that their tax dollars should be used to fund research that could cure alzheimers, parkinsons, diabetes, and a host of other ailments - in order to protect the "life" of a handful of cells in a petri dish?

I'd rather save their lives than his/her life any day.

If we don't use the four embryos sitting in the deep freeze right now, they're going to medical research in the hopes of possibly improving the quality of life for me and millions of other living, breathing human beings. They're not going to become some evangelical's miracle snowflake baby. So let me and my elected representatives decide where to put our money and concentrate your limited energies on something you do well, like provoking frickin' world war III in the Middle East.

White Hot With Rage,

Art-Sweet

14 Comments:

Blogger Blondie said...

Add my name to that!!

8:35 PM  
Blogger J said...

Yay for political stuff that makes my blood boil. Seriously though, I consider myself a patriot, and it sucks so bad that I'm totally ashamed by our leaders.

Yeah.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Well said, that woman!

I saw a great bumper sticker the other day - it said 1/20/2009. It's my favourite date.

9:39 PM  
Blogger mintyfaglady said...

As a British person, I'm still reeling over the fact that the US president actually has the power to do this!!!!
It's...well...it shouldn't be allowed!

5:21 AM  
Blogger LJ said...

Terrible, just terrible. (refering to W)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Calliope said...

I hate the term "snowflake" baby. It just creeps me out!

& how about the entire Reagan family pleading with this administration to not be so clueless? It just shows you that this presidency has been bought & paid for by the RR.

ugh

11:50 AM  
Blogger M. said...

I'm with Calliope: "snowflake baby" is an intensely creepy term. And if he's really so concerned about destroying all these embryos that he thinks should be adopted, why doesn't he mandate insurance coverage for it? Or he could ban IVF! Or, or, he could just make it illegal for people with diabetes and Parkinson's and Alzheimer's to have children! It's perfect.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

Here here!

I favor your expletives, Art-Sweet.

1:53 PM  
Blogger George said...

I want to change my name from George to like Tito or something.

What an @$$

3:20 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Damn right, Art-Sweet.

Clearly, the man has far more in common with the inhabitants of a petri dish than the millions of living, breathing, thinking individuals he has so callously ignored.

January 20, 2009 cannot come soon enough.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Michko said...

You know, I voted for W and I used to fervently defend him thinking that his off-beat personality was just so much different from that of other presidents that the public just wasn't used to it and was giving him a hard time.

But this? This is it. I can't defend this anymore. I have grown more and more annoyed with him and I can't stand it anymore.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Nicole P said...

Art-Sweet

Thanks for this post. I can feel your raging, steaming right next to my own.

George W Bush=Worst.President.Ever.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

And you know his little veto pen would drop to the floor so quickly if he actually had some way to benefit from stem cell research...

9:15 PM  
Blogger erinberry said...

Absolutely. The man is a hypocrite of the worst kind.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home