Friday, April 07, 2006

Take a sad song...

trophy

For Kerri, Flmgodog, Charlotte, Lo, Beanie Baby, Lyrehca, Andrea, Shannon, Erica, Julia, Abster, Hoping, Sue, Melissa, Sandra - and of course my beloved SB and PILI.

You do make it better.

I think Charlotte is right - what I do - or don't do - cuts right to the core of who I think I am. It's so hard to have confidence in myself, to believe in myself, when I'm rejected over and over again on the job front. I have people I respect - in my field - read my resume and tell me it looks good. They'd hire me, they say. So what's wrong with me?

Add to that that for the past two and a half years I've been promising myself that once we have a kid it won't matter that I'm working two part-time jobs with half the decision-making responsibility I had back in beloved big city.

And I think Melissa is right. It's time to start adjusting the happy pills again. I can start by remembering to take them consistently. That always helps.

Smooches,

Art-Sweet

5 Comments:

Blogger Lo said...

OMG Art-sweet.....take them every day please. (There's some pot-kettle here but, everyone should take my advice including myself.)

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smooches right back acha.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Aw, you really "art" so "sweet" :)

Just so you know, I have 365 different happy pills that I take on a daily basis...let me know which one you need as I'm sure I have it, LOL.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

I need to start taking my happy pills again, too. If you do it, so will I. (Now I have echoes of my mother in my head - if everyone else jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you do it too? - go away, mother.)

9:21 AM  
Blogger floreksa said...

I know all about those "happy pills" I've been on a current strike against them, but am realizing that the daily crying jag that is slowly sneaking back, is NOT good for me.

{hugs} you are a great person!!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home