Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Adoption Antics

I love my Pili dearly, but it will surprise no one who knows us to hear that she's not an attentive-to-small-details person. [Well, except when it comes to congealed toothpaste on the toothpaste tube and shoes left under the dining room table. Then she's a nutcase.]

She just stopped into my office with her newly renotarized doctor's note, which had to be done over because the notary's signature was not clear enough the first time around. Of course, she had to make a doctor's appt and pay a copay to get this done... but I digress.

She wanted me to take it over to the county clerk's and get it certified.

After sighing heavily (in the time it took her to run into my office, she herself could have gone to the county clerk and gotten it certified) I agreed, and took the document.

As she was walking out of my office, I notice: "But sweetie, this notary is certified in County Where You Work, not County Where We Live and Where I Work."

Off to the County Clerk goes Pili...

Hee-Hee.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Haha, that’s hilarious!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

LOL....that was good.

I hope you weren't offended that I suggested you blog-nickname your baby The Guatster. I thought it was cute because he's so pudgy and it sounded like a pudgy kind of name.

After I came out of my NaNo drunkeness, I thought maybe I came off as obnoxious.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Awww, poor Pili. That sounds like something I might have done. Don't be too hard on her.=)

8:49 PM  
Blogger erinberry said...

Hey, for once you benefited from one of the many details involved in this process! :)

10:03 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Nicely done!

Guess who gets to redo her POA because the notary's commission expires in JANUARY. I hate details :(

Did your POA come in today?

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home