Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A post which will be incomprehensible to most (but contains a cute picture)

The only thing that is keeping me from chewing my arm off with frustration about the fact that the Guatemalan consulate has STILL not returned our authenticated power of attorney document to us despite the fact that it was received there a week ago is the knowledge that PGN (and, I would imagine, family court as well) is on their holiday slowdown, and we wouldn't be moving even if all our paperwork was satisfactorily in Guatemala (I say this with apologies to my friends who ARE in PGN. I hope you get the one mythical reviewer who doesn't believe in Christmas. There are Jews in Guatemala, you know.)

GB



But the boy I cannot help thinking of as my son (not yet, Art, not yet) is in Guatemala and so I am impatient, impatient, impatient.

Does anyone know if Family Court takes the same vacation as PGN?

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

well, i have no idea what PGN is but ya know? holey smokes is that baby precious!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Jenny and Matt said...

I had actually heard that with FC, 1/2 the folks take vac nov15 thru dec 15, the other 1/2 take vac dec 15 thru jan 15.
I also heard that PGN doesn't officially shut down, but people may take vacations (like we do here) that could slow things.
ugh

9:14 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I wish the boy who attended my kids' preschool was still around so that I could talk to his parents....he's Guatemalan as is his adopted sister. The parents adopted both of them a few years apart.

I really wish I could help....

Is that your baby that you will be adopting???

He is adorably cute as heck....

9:40 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Oh boy, AS, do I feel your pain. I.loathe.waiting. And wait, we must.

Jenny is right- 1/2 and 1/2 between now and Jan 15th. PGN is more of a vacation slowdown that picks back up after the New Year.

He's so cute!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Elowyn said...

Sorry about the wait. That bites. I do understand the lingo, but have no helpful info to offer. And boy is that boy adorable! I love the sleeper!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

When I read "my son," I just lost it.

He's a beautiful, beautiful little boy.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how are you surving? I am in my 17th week of PGN-I just found your blog-I am new at blogs-are all comments public?

12:06 AM  
Blogger art-sweet said...

To Anonymous - I am surviving on a keratin diet - i.e. biting my nails! Yes, all comments are public, but you can remain anonymous. Or, you can email me privately if you'd like - my email address is on my profile.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home