Friday, November 17, 2006

We now return you...

to your regular photo friday edition. But not without first saying Thank You Thank You Thank You for all your wonderful Guatebaby comments. We are definitely saving those for the baby book. "Look sweetie chubbycheeks, lots of people in the internet love you. And we do too. night-night"

On that note. E is for...

E is for...

Early Morning. Actually, I was just going to bed.

Those of you who are already parents, please resist the urge to tell me how much my life is going to change in a few months, okay?

After a night of intense conversations about work-life-family-choices coming down the pike, and a stupid fight over baby names that really had more to do with the fact that we are both E for Exhausted, this is how I felt.

And how I felt

(I just have to note that viewed large in flickr these actually look kind of interesting. Even though they look like crap here.)


But I can't leave you without a little cuteness. So, behold the cats.

Kitty Headlock

12 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

Oh, those conversations during life altering shifts are so productive. All the emotion put into them, I am sure you are spent. Take care of yourselves during these stressful, exciting, challenging, joyful times. You have a huge cheering section!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

El viaje es la recompensa.
The journey is the reward.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Kassie said...

No fair! Part of the fun of *being* a parent is getting to share your *immense* knowledge and expertise with soon to be parents!!

Usually I suggest "Kassie" as a baby name, but that doesn't seem to work in this case. :)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

I know! Julio! It'd be perfect. :D

And yeah, what Kassie said. Where's the fun if we're not allowed to say "You just wait, missy..." Hmph. Spoil sport.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

I have no idea how much your life is going to change, but I can't wait to read about how wonderful all those changes are.

And those cats are just too damn cute. :)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Calliope said...

damn. If I have known you were going to save the previous commments for the baby book I might not have sworn as much.

Please let your son know that I am not really a sailor.
xo

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get some sleep!! And remember--"no problem can be solved from the consciousness in which it was created." Einstein

love and hugs,
anty-tj

10:21 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

HOO boy can I relate to this post, Art-Sweet. I think I still feel like everything is picture #2- fuzzy and semi-recognizable. Best wishes to you both!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

haha,art! Both of my kids slept through the night at a fairly early age, so lack of sleep was not a side effect of being a parent. What WAS a side effect of parenting was the COMPLETE AND TOTAL loss of personal time. Oh, unless you count 8:30pm - 9:30 pm M-F as appropriate personal time :) I don't even get to be alone when I BATHE....haha, but is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY! Your guatebaby will be worth everything you give up to have him!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

hahaha! It is on my desk at home, and Bob put it there, not me, I swear!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ Mom says: "You have a beautiful baby!!!!"

11:39 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Okay, so you already totally know that Your Life Will Change. Phew. But those changes are absolutely amazing and wonderful, even without the sleep you used to know.

Before Val was born, Andrea and I had many discussions of 'what do we do when...' (the baby's crying at 2 am, the baby's pooping everywhere at 2 am, etc.) so we had a fair number of plans in place for those scenarios. When those thing actually happened, we were sort of ready and could move into action without a lot of discussion.

For us this was a big sanity saver in those first weeks. We still use that model, trying to pre-discuss how we'll handle things before we need to deal with them.

Congrads again!!!!!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home