Friday, November 03, 2006

Photo Friday: C is for...

C is for...



C is for CHOCOLATE. Also for carton, almost empty. And carbs. The horrible thing about eating ice cream is that when the carton gets most of the way empty, it's more embarrassing to put it back in the freezer and have Pili say, with raised eyebrow, where did all the ice cream go? when she looks in the half almost empty container then it is to just finish it off and have the container go in the trash unnoticed.

In which case, B must be for bolus. (And in this case, alas, B is also for Breakfast.)

I think I want to do a project of a diabetes alphabet in pictures.

A = alcohol swabs
B = bolus, blood
C = carbs
D = diabetes (how to photograph that? Or perhaps D = depression?)
E = exercise
F = fat (? again how to photograph - a stick of butter?)
G = glucose tabs
H = hate it (!) HBA1C
I = insulin, injection, infusion site

To be continued... your suggestions welcome.

And just because I know you knew I couldn't resist:

C is also for...

C is for...



Cat. Close-up. Cute. Cuddly.

All Four, II



Cats. All four of them. On the bed. At one time.

13 Comments:

Blogger erinberry said...

Those are some cozy, happy cats!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Tekakwitha said...

I always look forward to your photo Fridays art sweet. Just wanted you to know!

tek

11:41 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

J= Jabs, fingers & arms
K= Ketones
L= Lipids
M= Messed up menstration (!), menu-planning

12:01 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

N= Necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorum (I'll take a pic for you of this!), Neuropathy

Sorry...feeling down today about all of it.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I like your project idea!

And I will sheepishly raise my hand and admit to eating ice cream for breakfast (if it's in the house, it's meant to be eaten!), but NEVER leaving such a small amount of ice cream in a container. I usually lick the container clean. Makes for a messy face!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

oh kitty cats!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Kassie said...

O=out of range
P=prick your finger
Q=quick acting carb
R=Regular
S=Sick Day (photo of ketone sticks, gatorade and saltines)

5:20 PM  
Blogger If not a mother... said...

yay kitties!

(We have had all five on the bed very rarely, but four is pretty common at night.)

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

M=Metformin
H=Hypoglycemia
F=Fainting in public...

Your cats are adorable.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Michko said...

OMG, I absolutely love your ice-cream-eating logic! Sounds just like my house!!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Gandksmom said...

Aww..now that is what I say is CUTE!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Gandksmom said...

Aww..now that is what I say is CUTE!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, the picture of the cats makes me want to crawl into bed right now with them.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home