Monday, November 06, 2006

Five or so Things

I have been tagged by Scott and Shannon to present five unusual facts about myself.

Although I am very tired from a whirlwind bloggy get-together in which I. Squeezed. The Chuzzle. I will comply, with a slight twist. I present to you: five truths and a lie. You decide - which is the lie?

  • I have a very hard time telling left and right apart and failed a driving test because of this.

  • I learned to drive on a stick shift (in New York City) and will never buy a car with an automatic transmission. I hate driving them.

  • I hate following or being followed by someone I know when I'm driving. I am terrified that they will get into an accident and I will see it happening and be unable to stop it. I often insist on giving people directions instead and come up with excuses for why they shouldn't follow me.

  • In high school, I was a competitive race-walker.. Picture a duck with a firecracker shoved up its behind.

  • I do karate but don't like watching martial arts movies.

  • I have always wanted to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail.



Which is the lie? Speak up! I tag... anyone who wants to do it.

I will second just about everyone in the OC and say YOU MUST GO TO THIS SITE IMMEDIATELY. I am torn looking at it, because it's absolutely incredible and at the same time it makes me want to kick myself because I've thought doing something very similar and of course I have never gotten off my big fat butt and done it.

14 Comments:

Blogger Kassie said...

What is a Chuzzle and how exactly does one squeeze it?

I have a hard time with left and right. For some reason, I snap with my left hand so when I get confused, I just snap, and I know which way is left :)

My guess is race walking.

And just because one person's taken some photos of people with diabetes doesn't mean it can't be done again! No excuses!

1:38 AM  
Blogger George said...

I'm with Kassie. My guess is the race walking.

The duck comment made me laugh so I figured that has to be it.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Lyrehca said...

I vote for race-walking, too. And like Kassie said, you can do your own photography exhibit on the D. We'll be watching for it.

4:31 AM  
Blogger If not a mother... said...

My guess is race-walking.

The confusion between left and right is one of my biggest issues trying to learn to drive. (And it only happens when I'm driving.)

7:28 AM  
Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

appalachian trail. but my second guess is race walking.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

I guess Appalachian Trail, too.

I'm so jealous that you got to meet the Chuzzle! Is he as squeezable as he looks?

9:28 AM  
Blogger J said...

I'm going to have to go with Bill Clinton.

Those portraits are freaking amazing.....

It was awesome meeting you, btw.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

What a cool twist Art!

Hmmm. I'm having trouble with this... The common consensus seems to be the race walking...

I'm just not sure whether to go with that or not.

And I agree with Kassie! I say go for it!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

The Chuzzle is adorable!

I'm laughing at the way you described the way you look speed walking. People to have a duckish look about them when they do it, LOL.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

Somehow, I believe that you were once a competitive race-walker. However, I'm not sure about the stick shift bit. My guess is that No. 2 is the lie.

Most likely, I am dreadfully wrong. :)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Hey go check out Bernard's post, I think you are the one to do the photo gallery 2.
Viv

12:31 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I saw that site yesterday. It's incredible. It makes me sad, yet the photography is gorgeous.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Tekakwitha said...

I so want you to have been a race walker AND have a desire to hike the appalachian trail that I'm going with number two, stick shift.

Driving a stick shift in Chicago is awful, but in New York? Sounds like a nightmare of mine...

tek

3:14 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Ok, I have no idea... so I'm that pathetic that I'm not even going to guess. I'll just have to wait for you to uncover the truth :)

As for those photos... wow! They really struck me, especially the first set. So true that pictures speak a 1000 words. I would love to see more photos like them, so I agree that you should give some a go... That would be great :) We'll be anxiously waiting (so now you have to do it-lol- the pressure is on!)

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home