Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Diadoofus Lunch

I had already torn the lid off my yogurt and reheated my ten-thousandth bowl of matzah ball soup.

A cup of coffee and today's NY Times crossword awaited me.

I was very hungry.

I reached into my bag and pulled out my meter.

Then I remembered. Taking the last strip out of the bottle of test strips this morning. Saying to myself: must remember to grab new bottle of strips

Did not remember. Strips are an hour and some away at home.

I bolused for the meal, and revised my plan for the day: go directly home after work instead of going to the gym.

Sigh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lyrehca said...

Oh, Art. I've been there.

I use the Ultra Smart LifeScan strips and I now double up the strips in the containers. They come in cans of 25, but I always transfer 25 into another container so I carry 50 at a time. Could you try that so at least you'll run out less often?

And occasionally, I've bought a new bottle of strips (the smallest possible) because I didn't want to change my entire day because I forgot to carry strips with me.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I hate it when I do that and I have done it many a time. Today I knew I would need to change my site at work and I forgot to bring my inserter thing so not only did it hurt when I shoved it in but I am not convinced that I got the thing in right.

Sigh, too.

3:15 PM  
Blogger J said...

Uhm....after 6 or so days...uh. Matzah is starting to do what matzah does. If you catch my drift. I do so love Pesach, but the side effects....yah.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Lo said...

I have not been there with the test strips, but I have been there (I AM there) with the yogurt and matzah ball soup. Ugh. I am about done myself.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I hate when that happens.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I hate that.. It always seems to happen to me when we are over an hour away from home and then I just pray that I'm not high. It's even more scary since pregnancy lows strike at random and I'll be 50 or 38 before feeling a thing!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home