Sunday, December 03, 2006

One Post, Many Topics

First of all, I am so honored to learn that I have been nominated for not one, but two, diabetes OC awards. Some fabulous person (I swear it wasn't me!) nominated me for Best Adult with Type I and Best Female Blogger. I am up against some pretty stiff competition and I'm honestly not sure that I will vote for myself over these folks. But hey, I'm not going to stop you from voting for me...

I also got asked to contribute to a site which I really value, and that's a big honor. More details once it's official with a capital O.

And now, only two days late: Photo Friday - G is for... Grandparents


G is for Grandparents

Grandma Grandpa Hands Closeup

Grandma & Grandpa Hands



My grandma and grandpa (ages 91 & 92) holding hands shortly before my grandpa passed away. Guatebaby will be named for him.

Finally, I may be a little scarce in the blogosphere over the next two weeks. I have a Set In Stone Thesis Deadline of December 18, so.... expect little from me until then, unless of course we get new Guatebaby pictures.

14 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Those are very sweet pictures. So much history in those hands.

Congrats on the nomination!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Art- Congrats on your nominations, you deserve it. These pictures are my favorites that you have done so far. I hope my grandkids will have pictures like this of me and Paul when we are that age.=) We will so miss you while you are otherwise distracted. Good luck with getting it all done and hurry back.
Viv

11:49 AM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Those hands convey something both gentle and strong.

Very powerful and very, very beautiful.

Congratulations on the nominations, Art-Sweet. :-)

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfection. Those pics are perfection.

And congrats on the nomination.

My boy was named for my 96 year old grandmother (her maiden name) 10 years after her passing. I miss her every day. I wish I'd taken more pictures, spent more time, learned more. But I was young and stupid.

Good luck on the thesis and don't be gone tooooo long.

12:44 PM  
Blogger erinberry said...

Good luck with your thesis!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Chrissie in Belgium said...

Beautiful pictures. I have followed art classes where we were told to paint flowers, Delvaux bags, etc. I got fed up and brought in a very old leather bag that I bought more than 30 years ago, plunked down and insisted on painting that instead. There is so much life in hands, old shoes, or scruffy worn clothes -compared to a vase of flowers, an expensive bag... Soon thereafter I quit the class. It was a Flemmish speaking Art School, where I was told I could communicate in French (Belgium being a 2 - language country). Everyone spoke Flemish, I learned neither French nor liked the way art was being taught, so I quit. Good luck on the thesis writing!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Good luck with your thesis! I'll hope for Guatebaby pictures this week!

I love those pictures. Reminds me of my great parents who were known to make out at any given point. So cute.

Congrats on your nomination!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Good luck on the thesis - I am right there with you (in hell). My drop dead date - the 15th.

two weeks til freedom

10:38 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

I love the pics!! And I'm so excited to read about the progress with Guatebaby. I can't wait to see pics :-)

11:19 AM  
Blogger Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Those pics are priceless!!! Congrats on your nominations. Good luck on your paper. See ya when you get back.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oooh, have fun finishing up your thesis! I’m not sure fun is the right word, but I don’t want to say good luck because I don’t think you need luck….

1:47 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

Congratulations, A-S.

And those pictures are tremendous. They make me think of my grandmother and smile.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Lilymane said...

Those are powerful photos. Thank you for sharing them. Congrats on the nominations and best of luck with the thesis! Peace.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Calliope said...

oh wow. I am wicked behind in blog reading, but those photos are stunning in every way.
wow

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home