Sunday, April 23, 2006

Photo Funday: Dinner (and an asterix)

Thank you all for choosing my shadow pictures for Photo Friday. I put probably far too much thought into these photo friday things, which is why they don't usually show up here until saturday or sunday or even tuesday, and it feels really nice to know that people like them. There are always so many amazing and interesting images submitted, so please check out the Photo Friday pool and look at everyone's pictures!

Pili was very grateful for this week's topic: What I ate for dinner

A few words of explanation.

I like to cook.
I especially like to bake.
I spent two summers working as a cook.
I am incapable of making a small amount of anything.

Whenever I cook, we wind up with enough food to feed a frat house. Leftovers for lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch, dinner...

This also means that whenever I cook, it's a big production.

Which means that Pili, wonderful wonderous Pili, is the primary cook in our house, when it comes to everyday meals.

But this topic required me to cook.

I made these for dinner and these for dessert. And a good time was had by all. (And will continue to be had for the next week). And Pili made a beautiful salad too!

Black bean and sweet potato enchildas with mole sauce

The sweet potatos, all mushed up and ready to go in the enchiladas

Sweet Potato

Mole sauce in the making

mole

The whole enchilada

the whole enchilada

Yummy salad with mesclun, stilton, and pears

salad

The lemon ginger bars

lemon-ginger bars

asterix

Because how do you segue gracefully from mole to miscarriage?

I'm so grateful for your comments on the previous post.

Your confidence, faith, and support mean more than I can say.

17 Comments:

Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Yum! That looks fantastic.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here via Michele so hi, Michele sent me.

You can come and cook for me anytime. Yum! Although Pili would probably object at losing help in the kitchen and missing you for certain. Congrats on the photos, the one of the houseboat caught my eye because of the rich colors and texture.

So sorry to hear about your news at the end.

10:57 PM  
Blogger art-sweet said...

Sue & Grins -

No Nothing Bad Yet. Beta (pregnancy test) is Wednesday...

The reason for the asterix that the topic of the last post was miscarriage. I wanted to acknowlege everyone's comments, but I'm not so good at the snappy transitions.

11:49 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Ooooh, will you come and cook for me?? That looks wonderful, and I love your shadow photos.
Michele sent me; congrats on being the site of the day!

12:34 AM  
Blogger MaR said...

I am unable to calculate the right amount of food for more than my household's daily requirements. My husband cooks when we have company. Your pics look wonderful, yummy! Congrats on being Michele's Site of the Day!!!

1:55 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

My mouth is watering from just reading about the special foods and the pictures! I"M HUNGRY! (lol)

I'm here from Michele tonight and Congratulations on being Site Of The Day! Have a great great day!

2:34 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh so YUM! It's a shame the people in my household don't like to try new things, because I'd steal that entire menu!!!!

congrats on being site of the day - Michele sent me!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

M'mm, food! Looks tweriffic :)
Hello, Michele sent me.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Star said...

Boy, when you cook, you don't mess around. Michele sent me.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Delightful to see someone else cooking....

Here from Michele; congratulations on site of the day!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Wow, it all looks soo fantastic....MY SO used to be a chef and you know in the 20+ years we have been together, she has cooked for me -- I mean REALLY cooked for me maybe 6 times. I am here from Michele's today. Congrats on being the SOTD.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Paste said...

Well done on making it to the exulted heights of SOTD!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Walking Barefoot said...

Go ahead and make a production out of cooking if that's what's produced. It looks so good. Visiting from Michele's.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Can I come over for dinner?? Yummm! Anyone with skills in the kitchen is my idol. If it didn't come from a box or can when I was growing up - we didn't have it for dinner LOL. Dh grew up with a homecooked meal 365 days a year - we are trying for a happy medium...

9:13 AM  
Blogger Teej said...

Best of luck tomorrow! I have friends who are in at a similar point (but I don't think they did IVF this time) - belledlr on LiveJournal - and so far things are looking good!

Your dinner looks fabulous - thanks for linking to the recipe for the bars!

By the by, Michele sent me!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it soup yet? Here via michele. I'll poke around.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

The supper looks delicious! And I love your PhotoFriday pics.

Michele sent me. Congrats on being the Site of the Day!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home