Sunday, May 07, 2006

Interview Meme, Part III

Answering your questions:

Q. How did Pili and I meet?

A. Once upon a time, long, long, ago, in a City With More Than Four Thai Restaurants, Pili & Art-Sweet met. Pili was a gradual student at the University where Art-Sweet was an under-gradual. Nonetheless, the two might never have met, except that they both were taking karate classes at a dojo somewhat removed from the University of Gradual Studies. The two began car-pooling together. Despite the fact that Art-Sweet immediately gasped, "oh my g-d I have had such a big crush on her," upon learning the identity of Pili's ex, Pili and Art-Sweet slowly became friends.

Over the next year, the friendship gradually became more flirtatious, but Pili was adamently opposed to dating an undergradual. Once Art-Sweet gradualated, romance had a chance to bloom - except that Pili had left the City With More Than Four Thai Restaurants for a Small Town Five Hours Away. Art-Sweet came to Small Town to visit Pili, after Pili made a uncharacteristically bold but greatly appreciated telephonic pass at Art-Sweet. Art-Sweet was all in favor of a fun weekend fling, as it had been Way Too Long since, you know. She arrived on Pili's doorstep starving, having failed to find edible food along the midwestern highways. Pili swept her off her feet by feeding her homemade Indian food, and um. To the great surprise of both parties, the Fun Weekend Thing turned out to be Much More. Months of long car trips and indentured servitude to SW Airlines and AT&T followed. And the rest, as they say...

Q. What will I miss most after the baby is here let's cross that bridge after the first trimester is over?

A. Sleep, probably. And time with Pili. I also suspect my cats will be sorely neglected.

Q. What is my favorite curse word?

A. Crap, I don't know. How the crap do you expect me to answer that? Oh wait, yes I do.

Q. If I could live anywhere, where would I live?

A. I'm really pretty easy to please, within certain very narrow parameters. Diverse population. Easy, legal second parent adoption (or even better, legal marriage). Metropolitan area with good mass transit, lots of museums, and ethnic restaurants. Summers not too terribly hot. Access to the Great Outdoors relatively easy. If I had enough money, I'd love to live in NYC again, or the Bay area, although I would miss my family if I lived on the West Coast. The City With More Than Four Thai Restaurants would definitely do as well. Or Toronto, perhaps?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Toronto definitely fits those requirements.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

the cats don't have to be neglected! i really think we pay as much attention to ours now as Before. though i have to say they were the only ones that were disappointed when the kid started sleeping through the night.

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for Toronto. ;)

Except our summers are terribly hot.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Calliope said...

love that you define a city by the # of Thai restaurants. Brilliant!
I live in a -2. Meaning there once was a Chinese restaurant here but it closed down & the only other "ethnic" place is named Taco Casa.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

So I take it crap is your favorite swear word? LOL.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

What kind of a swear word is crap, for fuck's sake? ;)

You could move to Massachusetts, but then you'd be surrounded by Red Sox fans and that might cause more distress than your current situation of not having More Than Four Thai Restaurants. Although, we do have legal gay marriage here. Yay for us progressive, pinko, liberal, tree-hugging crunchies.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home