Monday, May 01, 2006

The Sweet Life

I had a pretty good weekend.

My presentation at the main conference in my field went well.

I did not tell everyone I knew at the conference that my wife is five weeks pregnant, although it was very tempting.

Person I used to work with: So, what's new with you, Art-Sweet?

Me: Y'know, blah blah blah work stuff. (Thinking: PREGNANT, PREGNANT, PREGNANT! Holy shit. Knock on wood, salt, shoulder, blah blah blah)


And I met Julia and her fabulous family. Let me tell you, that woman makes a mean taco. And I hope my mouth didn't have food in it when she told me how old she was, because I know it dropped open.

Her daughter O. is funny, smart, and caring. She gave me some good pump tips which I will put to use as soon as McClinic gets around to processing my paperwork. The baby I. was adorable. I loved watching her husband interact with both girls - he seems so into being a dad, and that always melts my heart.

Photo um, why do I bother calling it Friday, will be posted tonight, I promise.

Along with a ton of comments on other people's blogs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

just stopping by for the first time by way of your comment on G.C.
congratulations!

PREGNANT, PREGNANT, PREGNANT!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Heh. You want a cashier's cheque or a money order? ;-)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home