Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yippee!

No, it's not that good news. Beta is tomorrow, and I am curious, but not overly hopeful. I think I may actually have mastered the art of not giving a damn.

(um yeah. remind me of that tomorrow morning)

We've narrowed our choices down to three adoption agencies, and hopefully sometime in the next two weeks we will actually have the time to sit down together, make some more phone calls, and then make the final decision.

When If this cycle turns out negative, I think we will wait a month to do another frozen cycle, just to give poor Pili's bum time to recover from all the progesterone in oil shots. Four icey little embryos still await us. But then I start thinking about the calendar, and my head starts swimming with anxiety.

Many things are up in the air at the moment and my poor head aches from juggling sixteen possible scenarios for our life over the next two years, involving timing of tenure decisions, results of said decisions, adoption/pregnancy timing (ha!), six week absences for research travel and its impact on said adoption/pregnancy timing. Oh yes, and the hope that someday I may actually find a full-time job in my field (ha!).

Oh right: yippee. Why YIPPEE?

Because... in her infinite wisdom Michele has deemed me...

Site of the Day!

For this of you visiting from Michele's - welcome! please, come back and visit again. We promise you only the most exciting news of infertility, diabetes and feline antics here at Artificially Sweetened. For those of you not familiar with Michele - she publishes these totally addictive comment games. I've wasted far too much of my employers' my time playing them and in the process gotten to "know" bloggers I probably never would have met elsewhere. So thanks, Michele!

In tomorrow's episode: Art-sweet masters zen and the art of pregnancy tests. Or not.

23 Comments:

Blogger Yo Tambien Te Mando Besos said...

Hi! I'm the first to comment on todays entry!!!

Hi from Michele's!!!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck!

Here from Michele's!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

OH wow, what a big change coming your way! Fun to be had for all! Here via michele today

11:56 AM  
Blogger Yo Tambien Te Mando Besos said...

Sorry for being kind of greedy on the previous comment but I had never been the first one before.

Now I have read your blog carefuly to get to know you a bit more and I wish you the best of lucks with the baby...

P.S. I love mole sauce...

11:56 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Best wishes for you!

Michelle sent me :O)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

best of luck to you!!! Michele sent me today. Congrats on being site of the day!!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

good luck with all you have going on right now...here from micheles!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Sandy J said...

Wishing you good luck in your endeavors!

Here from Michelle's!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Congrats on being selected Site of the Day!

Here from Michele's, of course!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

Best of luck to you both, and many baby vibes coming your way!

Here from Michele's.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Michko said...

Yea! So cool that you're site of the day!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

Hey there, just popped over from Michele's. Wow trying to get a baby, that is hard work. Not to mention the sugar issue. Hang in there all will work out as planned, even if its not in our plan.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Calliope said...

Congrats on being site of the day!

(will be thinking of you tomorrow)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Lyrehca said...

Good luck tomorrow, Art! Pili, too.

(Who is Michele?)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

I'll be thinking of both of you tomorrow... Good Luck!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Good luck tomorrow to you and Pili!

4:07 PM  
Blogger guppyman said...

Good luck!

Michele says howdy!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Congrats on being Site of the Day! I really like your blog.

Here via Michele's, obviously :)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Your Mother said...

Hello and nice to meet you. Michele sent me.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Yay! Congrats on being the site of the day!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Tamsin said...

Thinking of you & Pili for the beta today xxx

(not here from michele's!)

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, and congrats!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Calliope said...

it's wednesday already!!!!
sending you & Pili tons of ::vibes::
xo

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home