Thursday, June 22, 2006

Clearing skies

Thanks so much for all your love the last couple of days.

I had a good, sky clearing howl last night, brought on by the crime of Pili egregiously failing to listen to me twice. I'm still sad - I loved what I did at Job that Does Not Blow - and I loved the professional credibility that I got from working there. But the plusses of having some more time on my hands - to finish the Thesis, to work on my photography, to do what I can on the adoption paperwork, are definitely there. Adoption paperwork: SIGH. As I've mentioned, Pili has to do a lot of these things herself. She is, I think it's fair to say, slightly less detail oriented (i.e. anal) than I am, and also less comfortable being firm with people. So she doesn't insist on the right language the first time around, in the face of snotty bank employees for example, and then it turns out we have she has to go back and do it again. And I feel like the ultimate back seat driver, wishing I could just do it myself.

On the subject of Smokey and her recent crankiness: A second bolus cleared things up yesterday, and I had a stellar evening, capped off by a workout without Unfortunate Eating Incidents(!)

But I finally gave in and changed my site about 18 hours early (and took an injection) this morning after another unexplained high. There was a puffy little bubble there which oozed insulin when I took the site out. Moral of the story: Listen to Julia. And Lyrecha.

2 Comments:

Blogger George said...

Art-Sweet, I just wanted to let you know that i monitoring your blog like a hawk right now since I just started with a "smokey" of my own. I call him Master P but he looks exactly like smokey. You are not alone, i am going crazy.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Finally!! Someone who listens to me. You want to come indoctrinate my husband and children? Because they? Don't.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home