Thursday, June 15, 2006

Very quick post

We're leaving at the crack of dawn tommorrow morning to go to flat cosmopolitan city for a wedding (congrats dearest one). I won't be back until monday night and don't know if I'll have a chance to blog or comment in the interim. The horror, the horror. Will she survive?

The one good thing about waking up to make a 6:15 flight is that it means I we don't have to wake up at 4am for a basal check. Because we'll already be up. Ugh.

Quickly quickly then as I still need to pack and do a couple of other things...

I HEART SMOKEY.

Our first night together was a little rough. I still had a half dose of Lantus coursing through my system and I against my better judgement decided to be a Good Diabetic and not mess with my 12 hour old basal program without consulting medical authorities first. Had I either a) called McClinic at midnight, or b) followed my instincts and programmed a 70% temporary basal, I would not have had a string of unnecessary eating incidents and a string of lows culminating at 55.

Today, however, has been bee-u-tiful. If the novelty will wear off, and I will stop using the bolus wizard when I would previously have said, eh, it's not worth taking a shot for that half a cookie, please don't tell me. Because I have not strayed over 160 or below 120 ALL DAY. (I should probably test before I say that, shouldn't I?)

Anyways, must pack before my eyelids collapse. Big smoochies everyone, see you next week!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Wonderful, just wonderful.

Smokey sounds like a keeper to me :-)

Have a fabulous trip!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

That rocks.
Pump it up! (Elvis Costello style)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Lyrehca said...

Have a great time. Love the "string of unfortunate eating incident" line. I know those all too well.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Sounds better than my first day pumping which was more like "I have no strayed between 60 and 200 all day."

I'm glad it's working out so well for you! Have fun at the wedding.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Wow, good for you! Congrats on going live and have fun while you're gone.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Sound like you are off to a wonderful start- how awesome for you :) Hope that your blood sugars continue to be so outstanding... :)

Enjoy your trip :) :) :)

11:43 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Sounds like you and Smokey are made for each other! Enjoy the trip.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home