Friday, June 23, 2006

Photo I Can't Believe it's Actually Friday: Rainbows

I love this fountain in flat cosmopolitan city. There are the obvious rainbows in the refraction of the sun in the spray of water.

Water Rainbow II

As well as the more subtle rainbow of all the people - young old black brown peach male female tall short thin fat clothed or almost naked - enjoying this work of art together. Indeed, being part of the work of art.
Funny Boy
Under Water

Splash!
Crown Fountain

Crown Fountain, wide view


And then there's also the rainbow lights in the glass bricks, caught at a certain angle -

Rainbow Bricks

And the constant flow of different faces into each other on the statue itself. A funky urban rainbow.

13 Comments:

Blogger Trista said...

Wow, that's pretty cool.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome photos!!!!
good detail on capturing the moods!

1:54 PM  
Blogger seattlegal said...

I was just in that city. Some of the faces that pop up on the screens seem a little creepy sometimes.
Great photos!

3:09 PM  
Blogger b. said...

You take some pretty fantabulous pictures. Love them all!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Calliope said...

wow - very inspiring photos.
I'm always impressed!

5:25 PM  
Blogger pithydithy said...

Those are absolutely incredible photos!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

I love the phrase "A funky urban rainbow." It's been stuck in my head for two days now. :)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love that flat cosmopolitan city! One of my sisters lives there and I'm going July 15th to see my new niece. Your pictures are great.

11:00 AM  
Blogger charlotte said...

Kick ass pics!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool!

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! I'm so impressed. What do you use? I visited there (my former home, where my husband and I met and married) last year and posted some film of the fountain.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Art-Sweet, you've absolutely captured the essence of your subject here.

Really-- I think you need to look into submitting your photos for publication. These (as well as many others you've posted) are simply stunning.

You shoot like a pro, lady.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Photo's!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home