Monday, May 22, 2006

For a minute there I actually got hopeful (with a Photo Friday pooh too)

About the kids, not the money. The worst spam. Ever.

Do you think I was specifically targeted for this or was it just random?

From: Adopt UK
Subject: Hello Dear

My name is Rose Williams i work for the uk deaf government..in manchester.i will really love to pass this information to you. Which i know i am convinced that you are really willing to take good care of 4 years old kids a boy and a girl. Their mother and father came from unknown area and they live in uk..in 3 months ago their parents died in an auto crash, they left the some of 3,million pounds with the Uk deaf Finance Department, which is Equivalent to $6,000,000.00. The 2 kids are been admitted in the hospital were doctor Benedict is taking good care of them because they were included in the accident which occured few months back, to God be the glory
that they were not dead like their parents.we shall love a good honest deaf man or woman who can acept the 2 kids and take good care of them and after 2 months the uk government will always come to check after them.. and such that person will be given the 3million pounds to take good care of the kids.Please write me back if u are intrested so that we can proceed towards securing you all the documents.

Best Regards
Rose
Williams.

p.s. My hat pictures are up on flickr, photo friday pool... go over there and check out some might fine hatness. There are some bonus pics too for members of the photo friday group or people whom I have "friended" on Flickr.

6 Comments:

Blogger art-sweet said...

Sue -

I didn't for a minute think this was legit.

After I posted this I realized that it was totally random as it came to an email address that isn't out on the web anywhere associated with adoption or infertility. Yes, I'm a woman of mystery...

9:21 PM  
Blogger Lyrehca said...

Oy, how despicable to target people with adoption spam email.

Art, I'm sorry I haven't posted more during this tough time. Hope the mac & cheese is bringing you a bit of comfort, blood sugars be damned.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Calliope said...

weirdness.
ugh

9:56 AM  
Blogger charlotte said...

Yikes. Even if it was not targeted to you. People like that are clearly going to hell.

I don't know what to say to you guys, other than I am thinking of you both. I am also comfort eating, for different and less sad reasons, but I find that it is not bringing me much comfort, just a big ass and an increasingly large muffin top.

4:31 PM  
Blogger charlotte said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Sorry I have not been in to check in on you in awhile. I am so sorry for your loss.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home