Thursday, December 14, 2006

A few brief, procrastinatory notes

1) I must wish a huge and happy birthday to the sweetest, most fabulously wonderful, Piliest of Pilis in the whole wide world. I can't wait until we've lived more of our lives together than without each other. Even if that takes a while, because well - you're old(er than me). SMOOCH.

2) If you're not reading the posts over at lesbian family get over there now. I am humbled to be joining a team with such amazing women - and such amazing writers. And I really wish I had done my introductory post first, because now I'm totally intimidated. Kwynne is blogging so brilliantly about “cake batter race theories” and queer parenting. Trista has a fantastic letter to Heather Poe, aka Mrs. Mary Cheney. J. is musing about what it means to be "family." And Round is thinking about what makes a "real mom." You don't even have to be a lesbian! And while you're at it, go and vote for Polly aka LesbianDad in a tight Best New Blog Race which has been marred by some really nasty homophobic b.s.

3) BLOGGER BLECH: All I can say is that as soon as I am done with this verdamnte project - as for me and my blog we will worship the wordpress. If I haven't commented on your blog lately it is because a) I am way too busy and stressed and/or b) blogger will not let me.

4) I gave my notice at the job that blows on Monday. It was so unbelievably satisfying. The details of the story are not bloggable, but there was a lot of vindication involved in letting them know that other people like and appreciate me. I will be returning to the Job That Does Not Blow, except with a fancier title, in January.

Back to the Project That Ate My Life. Smooches, Art.

19 Comments:

Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

happy birthday pili and CONGRATULATIONS

4:50 AM  
Blogger Bernard said...

Feliz cumpleanos Pili (thinking of Guatemala).

ArtSweet, hope you get that terrible task behind you soon, won't that be a relief!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Pili!

And congrats on the Job That Does Not Suck! That's awesome.

And WE like you. That counts, right??

Now get back to work!! :)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

Happy Birthday, Pili!!

And I'm heading over to check out the Lesbian Family posts now. Congrats on joining their writing family - and you, too, are an amazing writer!

Congrats on telling your job to shove it. That's unbelievably satisfying.

And let me know if you need any help switching over to Wordpress. Blogger, though it served me well, is irritating as hell and you'll feel this soothing "aaahhhh" once you bail. :)

Yay!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Happy Birthday Pili! (today is my youngest daughter's birthday too.)

Congrats Art on letting go of the job that blows.

Wishing you the speediest of project endings. =)

9:38 AM  
Blogger J said...

Hey! Congrats on the job news. Does this mean you won't be seeing one of my favorite sculptures on a daily anymore?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Mazal Tov on job transferring!

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Happy Birthday! Congratulations! Don't be intimidated, you're just as amazing as the rest of the LesbianFamily gang! Congratulations!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to your Pili and congrats on the new job! Sometimes it takes a really crummy job to help highlight the joys of a good job.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Happy B-Day Pili, and rock on Art!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy happy everything!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Trista said...

happy birthday, Pili!

And AS -- I'm still wishing you luck on your current project. I know how scary/stressful it can be as that deadline approaches!

And thanks for the kind words. Once you get some free time you're going to rock the LesbianFamily.org world!

12:28 PM  
Blogger pithydithy said...

Happy birthday Pili! And, congrats AS, on the job change-- jobs that do not suck are good!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Art-Sweet,

A very Happy Birthday to Pili!

And a massive congratulatory smile over your job change.

Woman- You. Are on a role. :-)

4:54 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Happy birthday to Pili!

Congrats on the new job.

My favorite lesbian mom/dad (bore the baby, now the family breadwinner) blog is mollya.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Happy Birthday and Congrats on leaving the Job that Sucks! I did that recently, what satisfaction!

8:53 PM  
Blogger *G* said...

Congrats on moving to the Job That Does Not Suck! I'm sure it will be a huge reduction in the daily stress level, and that can make all the difference. What fun!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Gandksmom said...

Happy Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people's in the world. Will you pass that on Art? And I am soo glad to hear you gave the word and will be returning to something you like. Call me soon so we can get together and have some fun eh?

4:36 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Okay, I am faithfully checking your blog to a) see pictures of Guatebaby and b) to see if you made the drop-dead deadline. Throw us a bone here! :)

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home