Monday, March 13, 2006

How to describe?

... the mix of emotions I feel whenever we hand in our tickets, pass the "you must be so tall" sign and climb back aboard this ART rollercoaster? Or perhaps a better metaphor is the carnival games: you see the people wandering the midway at the state fair clutching huge stuffed tigers and you know that someone wins, sometimes. Despite the fact that you never seem to.

I can't help feeling hopeful. They wound up thawing four embryos; two were Grade B, one was so-so, and the fourth was probably-degenerating-but-you-never-know. We opted to put them all in. In this game, everything becomes significant: the u/s gel tube made a farting noise; Pili & I are inordinately amused by farting noises. It's an omen. A sign. This is The One.

And yet, I don't want to get my hopes up too high. As if I could protect myself from hurt by not hoping. How do you all do this?

p.s. Image hosted by Webshots.comSambar & Idli got an honorable mention for cutest cat couple. We are thrilled beyond measure!

4 Comments:

Blogger J said...

My lizard got second place to an invisible rabbit. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Red said...

Good luck!!!
PS....Farting noises never cease to make me giggle like a 4 yr old. It is a good sign! FXFX!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

To echo previous comments--

Good Luck!

I'll keep fingers and toes securely crossed for the two of you.

And yes, those amusing "farting noises" (or as my kids call them, "toots") are always a good sign. :-)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Good luck! My fingers are soooo x'd for you guys. LOL - farting noises... Great omen!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home